29.3.11

lately

Things aren't super exciting lately but I feel the need to divulge my thoughts. Right now Jack is sitting at the kitchen table sassing me about how many bites of his peanut butter sandwich he needs to eat. He is so smart and so good at copying my forceful tone. He sure does sound like a brat. :/ Yes I'm aware of what that says about me. He is trying to forcefully bargain and it's pissing me off. Just eat the freaking sandwich dude! Sheesh. It's made on homemade wheat bread, crusts cut off and Jiffy natural creamy peanut butter. I don't think he knows how good he has it.

Life is a little crazy lately but I have so many things I'm looking forward to. And really, even though it's crazy, it's still fun.

This weekend I am participating in a Party Hearty Zumbathon here in Tucson with about 50 other instructors. I am seriously SO excited to dance and perform and just feel the energy that this will bring. I am crazy addicted to Zumba.

***I interrupt that last paragraph with some breaking news. Jack just returned from the bathroom and immediately after sitting down he said, "I didn't put anything in the toilet." Really? Am I that big of an idiot? After some serious flared nostrils and angry bulging eyes he admitted to dipping a miniature Eiffel tower in the toilet and stashing it in the shoe bin. Ayayay people! I thought I was the lucky mom who escaped the toilet fishing days. Apparently not and if this continues, so help me.....***

Back to whatever it was I was talking about. Who knows? Now I don't really care. All I can think about is things being dipped in the toilet and how to prevent this. Sigh....

7 comments:

Jana said...

At least he inadvertently told you, so you don't find violet sucking on it later that day, right?

I wish I were coming to zumba with you, I want to be an instructor really bad, but I'm scared. I would like to have more control over the music and such, and I had a blast teaching Lee's family zumba at his reunion, so I'm sure I will do it some day.

Carmen said...

I love when kids tell on themselves...mine do it all the time and even when it's super irritating that they have done something ridiculous, I still secretly laugh in the back of my mind somewhere, then I get out the cleaner and resolve the unresolvable...I still haven't figured out how to get all the ink pen markings off the walls upstairs, I have tried everything including that magic eraser thing and nothing works. Bahahaa! I'm still secretly laughing that your kid sticks things in the toilet, hopefully he doesn't know where you keep your toothbrush ;) was that the most unhelpful comment or what?! :)

Unknown said...

Can I laugh?!? Because this post made me smile! Man he is so cute I love it and you are hilarious. Have fun doing Zumba. They have Zumba here but do it quite a bit differently :)

{lindy baker cakes} said...

Hahah! This is hilarious! I love how smart he is! This is awesome. Love you Kat.

Jeanette & Jason said...

Wait til he learned to sneak off and throw the sandwich in the toilet! Tonight when I was cleaning the kids' plates after dinner, I felt a little sick. There was like 2-3 bites taken out of eat plate and here all this food is just going to waste. So of course I think of starving people everywhere and my wasteful girls!

jenna said...

hahaha i'm dying!!! "i didn't put anything in the toilet."

mmmmmkayyyyyy yeah right. so freaking funny! whens the big move?

Diana and Jon said...

I know it's frustrating for you, but I think it's so cute how he told you he didn't do what he did....silly kids.