**STILL NO NEWS ON THE JOB. WE'RE HOPING MONDAY BRINGS GOOD NEWS. :/ **
Right now Michael and I are sitting on a very uncomfortable set of pins and needles. We are anxiously awaiting a reply from a job on the island of Kauai. If you're not sure where that is I feel sad for you a little bit so here you go.
Not only is the job on an island paradise, it is a paradisaical job. It includes simple things like tons of vacation, a hefty beautiful salary and wait....did I mention it was in Hawaii? Okay, yeah, good.
After a one day whirl wind interview trip Michael and I came home with anxious, hopeful hearts. Before we left for the interview we both had some reservations about raising a family on the island. But after meeting with a Realtor, the other anesthesiologists and their wives and a chance/fated meeting with a white college student who was born and raised on the island, we knew we were doing the right thing. That last part sounds funny but we really took into consideration the fact that we (especially our kids) may be treated like haoles for the rest of our lives and we wanted to be sure we could deal with that.
This is a panoramic view from our hotel. All of the travel expenses were paid for with the interview and we ended up staying at the Grand Hyatt. Pretty freakin' unreal dude.
If we don't get this job, I will mourn. However, we also have a job offer for a great practice up in Washington state. I am excited about this opportunity as well and have had lots of great feelings about Bellingham, WA. No matter what happens, our future is bright and happy. But! If any of you want to root for us to get the job on Kauai that would be awesome. I'll be sure to announce what happens tomorrow.