17.7.09

home sweet home



I have come to a realization in the last few days. I love being home. This is such a strange feeling for me because I don't remember the last time I felt like this. Even though our apartment in Hawaii was really nice (by Hawaii standards at least) I was still always out and about. This was of course for obvious reasons like the sun, beach, pool or whatever. Since being in Tucson I have always been out and about for not so obvious reasons. It was like everyday I made an excuse to go somewhere and do something. Stupid things like take Jack to the car wash even though we had already been that week because "he deserved it." It was always easy to justify going and doing stuff when it was semi for Jack.

Now I have this huge house and granted, we are basically in the middle of nowhere, but I totally don't care. I don't want to leave my house ever, at all. It's like a chore to go to the store or the gym and as soon as we leave I just want to turn around and come home. Surprisingly, Jack feels this way too. Whenever we leave he always makes sure we are going to come back to the "new house." I love it! I am starting to understand the term homebody.

Since it is monsoon season here in Tucson and we live in the "flatlands" down south we have been having some awesome lighting storms at night. Michael took a risk with the camera outside the other night and got some super sweet shots.



Two days ago I made cinnamon rolls and before you go rolling your eyes and saying, "that girl is never gonna finsih losing all the baby weight," know this. I had literally been thinking about making cinnamon rolls since Sunday afternoon. I mean, the thought never left my mind and everytime I ate something I wished it were cinnamon rolls! I figured this was a clear indicator that my body truley needed those cinnamon rolls and by me fighting the urge I was doing myself an injustice. ;)Just wanted to share a bit of the chubby girl logic I am getting so good at.

Here are some pictures of Jack licking the beaters from the frosting. He still doesn't understand the concept of sticking your tongue out and using it to clean the beaters. He worked so hard to get all of the frosting off the beaters but try as he might his little mouth was just too small to fit that big beater all the way in. I felt bad for the little guy so he ended up with a spoonful of frosting for lunch. Great job mom. Yeesh.





We are leaving for Lake Tahoe tomorrow for a family reunion and I have completely failed at meeting my goals. After Violet was born I was sure I could lose all of the baby weight before Tahoe. Well, I still have five pounds and I've had them for weeks. My next decision was that if I couldn't be skinny I would be tan. Welp, the first time I went tanning I burnt to a crisp and I was scared to go back so I am as pastey as ever. Throw that one out the window! Now that I am t-minus one day from leaving for this family reunion I am sitting here eating cinnamon rolls and trying not to think of my failures. Does anyone know any tricks for losing 5 pounds over night while simultaneously becoming tahitian tan?

11 comments:

The Ensign's said...

Uhhh you've been in this house for a week now and I haven't gotten my invite to your new place? I'll patiently keep waiting, but we really should plan some playdates since we're so close now.

Camille said...

I totally agree about becoming a homebody. Before Haley was born I worried about how hard it would be to lug two kids around when I was dying to get out of the house. Solution? EVERYONE is usually happier staying at home. Makes things much simpler and cheaper!

Ryan said...

Cat you are awesome! I'm sure you look fabulous! Congrats on the house!! It's so nice to be in a home, I totally felt the same way. Enjoy the time you don't have to go anywhere!

Ryan said...

that was me by the way
maureen ; )

Jeanette said...

Fake tanner?? As for the 5 pounds, I have no idea! You could do what the seniors (when I was a sophomore) in high school did- laxatives. LOL they were nasty girls! Maybe it was all just rumors. Anyway I'm sure you look great and you're being too hard on yourself! Have fun at Tahoe, I hear that place is pretty great!

KaSs MiLeS said...

i don't have any tips, but i totally understand that chubby girl logic. :)
i really know what you mean about finding an excuse to leave all the time. while our house was under construction i would do that every saturday, i still do it sometimes when i am just sick of our house. i think once our house is finished i wont feel this way.

Kory said...

Chronic diarrhea makes me lose weight quickly. But that definitely doesn't help with the tan.

{lindy baker cakes} said...

spray with orange tanner and only drink water.

Sarah said...

That is such a cool pic of lightning. I love reading you blog, so entertaining!!!

saraH said...

Kat, you really are a fantastic writer, I can always count on coming to your blog to be entertained! :) I wish you lived next to me so we can play- boo. :(

oh and you should feel so blessed ur only struggling with 5 lbs. girl! so many women would die to be in your shoes, esp. after popping out a baby! You look beautiful and perfect as you are right now. ^ ^

Emily Frame said...

i love violet's chub! too cute.