15.12.08

Weekend re-cap

We actually had a great weekend in Tucson! It has cooled way down which is kind of neat and refreshing and I really haven't minded the grey skies. On Saturday we celebrated our 5 year anniversary and Jack was with us the whole day to make sure we remembered the most important thing in our lives. :) Since we are a little low on cash and our anniversary is so close to Christmas we decided to forgo the big celebration and keep it pretty low key. Here is a rundown.

Wake up at 9:30 (yes my baby sleeps from 7:30 p.m to 9:30 a.m. are you jealous?!) and have cinnamon rolls for breakfast.

Daddy and Chunky head to the store for some last minute flowers and an anniversary gift while Mommy finishes stamping and addressing Christmas cards.

Chunky naps, Daddy runs and Mommy writes some emails.

Late lunch at Zinburger. Super salty fries, meaty and cheesy hamburger and a sprite. Delicious!

Head to the mall on one of the last Saturday's before Christmas and fight it out for a parking spot. Daddy gets a haircut, chunky gets some Redvines, Mommy gets a headache! Fun but not recommended. Who are these crazy people wanting mall gifts for Christmas anyway?!

Head to the new car wash and clean and vaccuum the car for only 1 dollar. You can't beat that with a stick!

Chunky goes to bed Mommy and Daddy remember the best days so far (many of which happened in Hawaii, Costa Rica or Folly Beach. Hmmm, I think we might be beach people or something?)

We really did have fun even though it was basically a mundane simple day. Michael not only bought me Calla lilies, my wedding flower, he showed up with some sunny Gerbera daisies which happen to be my favorite. And even though we said no gifts and all I did was make him a homemade sleep mask and write a card, he bought me a Magic Bullet. If you don't know what it is stay up till about 2 a.m. watching info-mercials and you will be as captivated as I was. Mostly because that guy has the tackiest fake accent ever, you know what I'm talking about!

So no pics at the moment but I wanted to update and write about our great anniversary. Can you believe five years? I know everyone says that but really...it's kind of a long time!

3 comments:

Jeanette said...

I had one of those things I could have given you for free. My dad bought it for Xmas one year. I never even used it. I have a blender and a food processor so I was like, what's the point?! I don't know what we did with it. Donated it I guess. We're such givers!

Congrats! 5 years is a long time! You're so young too it seems crazy that you've been married so long! You two are just too perfect for each other!

Jene and Megan said...

Congrats on the 5 years and on a baby that sleeps so long!! haha, I'm totally jealous!

Jana said...

When you said magic bullet, I had to google it. The thing I was imagining was much dirtier.