24.6.08

Picture Free Update

Hey everyone or maybe just one, who knows, I am alive! I am currently residing at my parents house in Texas while we are in transition from Hawaii to Arizona. (Which are two completely different places mind you.) Michael will be joining us here on Thursday night for a two day Bailey Family Reunion. He will then drive our crap the rest of the way and we will fly to meet him in Tucson later. I am soooo glad Chunky and me don't have to do any U-hauling! What a blessing!

So after 120 pounds of luggage and a 12 hour red eye, baby boy and me landed in Dallas. My brother Jon drove us to my parents house and we have been crashing out here ever since. Jack has been living on Jelly Bellies conveniently provided by Grandpa and I have been sleeping late each morning while Grandma does breakfast with baby. What a blessing!!! It has been tons of comfort food and fun mingled with a bit of work. For instance, today I mowed the lawn. It was my first time ever mowing the lawn, any lawn. I know! I was so spoiled growing up, you can say it. Anywho, after mowing half the lawn I realized that the little bar underneath the handle makes the front wheels turn. I had been forcing the da@# thing to move that whole time prior and my legs were getting so tired! What an idiot, right?!

Besides my little lawn mower story I really have nothing exciting. I am sorry for the lack of photos but Michael has the camera. Maybe I will post again with some pics when he gets here but probably not. As my thirteen year old niece Chloe would say (who I find myself suddenly missing like crazy) ttyl! ;)

12 comments:

KaSs MiLeS said...

I had no idea your parents lived in Texas!! No wonder when i sent you a wedding invitation 2 years ago it came back!! :0) I'm glad you get a little lazy time before all the unpacking ensues. have fun and live it up!!

Sarah said...

Thanks for your comment, thats what you needs friends for, when you feel like you just keep getting uglier every year and then there your friend is to boost your confidence. How fun that you get to see your fam. I hope you love Arizona!!!!

{lindy baker cakes} said...

Kat it was good to hear you lived through the first part of your move. I miss you! I wish I could've helped you through the move. Call me soon! I promise I'll try not to talk your ear off for hours! Love you.

Carmen said...

Oh it is so nice to have the grandparents to take care of the baby...I love sleeping in! Enjoy it while you got it

Jeanette & Jason said...

I tried to post a comment a few minutes ago but it didn't work. So, I'll try again. Have fun at the family reunion! And don't let grandma give Jack any buttered popcorn jelly bellies, they are so gross!

Kayla R. said...

ooooohhhhh i am glad you made it through:) good luck you are a trooper*

Olga Bogach said...

i love reading your blog, you are such a good writer. Even when nothing extraordinary happens, you write about it in such a fun way.. I guess what I'm really trying to say is I miss you...:(
But glad that all is well there! Have a fun family reunion!

Kirsten said...

Oh Kat you are to kind! I didnt know your parents moved to Texas! How was thier mission?
Well I to enjoy your blogging, you are so honest. I love it!

Prina Family said...

Hello! I thought i posted a comment a few days ago on this post but i guess not because its not there. Weird! Anyway, its Sierra Stobbe (now prina) I love your blog and i hope you dont care if i look at it! come say hi if you want...

Kory said...

Your parents moved to Texas and went on a mission?! Where'd they go?

Heather B said...

Oh man, what would I give for someone to do breakfast with baby while I slept in...you go girl! Your mom's the best. Glad all is well- I just got your email (computer has been down for a week) so thanks for the update. I'll write ya back. Oh yeah, and we find out what we're having on July 7th.

Jana said...

Mowing the lawn is the worst! Our mower growing up didn't have the auto propel feature, so we always had to push that stupid thing around. So I know how you felt! I told lee as soon as we met that I never planned to mow another lawn as long as I lived, he seemed to be ok with it, so I married him!:)