26.6.12

recipes

I just blew my own mind. But we'll get to that later.

I know this post may end up being a little tragic because I have no pictures of the foods these recipes make but maybe I can add them in later. The truth is, they're all so delicious I never stop eating to take a photo. Ha! Actually it probably has more to do with the fact that my 3 kids allow me approximately 0.2 seconds to eat.

First off my smoothie. It's simple and delish.

Mango Banana Smoothie:
1 mango
1 banana (I like apple bananas but they're kinda hard to find on the mainland)
1/4 cup pineapple juice
1/4 cup vanilla soy milk
spinach
2 TBS ground golden flax
ice
Blend it. Enjoy it. I haven't been adding the flax as often since it is a lil gritty although I should because it has awesome health benefits. My good friend Heather also tried it with coconut milk and said it was rockin' which I can totally imagine. 
Servings: 2 
Calories per serving: 120 without flax 150 with it.



The next three are salads.

Summer Salad:
1 cucumber-peeled, seeded and diced
1-2 tomatoes (depending on size) diced
1/4 cup or so onion diced pretty fine
drizzle of white balsamic
s&p
Mix it together, refrigerate it and eat it chilled. I like it at the beach. Super refreshing.
Servings: 2
Calories per serving: 68

Steak/Chicken Salad:
3-4 cups mixed greens and/or romaine lettuce
4-5 artichoke hearts diced
4-5 sweet mini peppers diced
some onion to taste
1 tomato diced
3-4 strips of grilled tri tip steak-I get the prepackaged and marinated kind from Costco. I grill it pretty rare and save it in the fridge and then slice off and re-grill strips as I need it.
Dressing:
white balsamic
olive oil
s&p
Servings: 1
Calories per serving: 230 (this is with a 2 oz serving of steak)

Grilled Chicken:
2 chicken breasts pounded flat in a big ziploc
olive oil
white balsamic
3-4 garlic bulbs peeled and smashed
fresh basil roughly chopped (I've subbed dried basil or oregano too, still wonderful)
s&p
Mix the marinade in a bowl and pour into the ziploc with the pounded chicken. Let it marinade at least till the grill gets hot but longer is okay too. Grill it up a 3-4 minutes on each side. It's quick since it's thin.
I don't have the calories for this. Especially since it is marinated and then the marinade is discarded. I usually just fill in grilled chicken which is about 140 calories for 4 oz.

Strawberry Mixed Greens Salad:
3-4 cups mixed greens
finely diced onion to taste
6-8 strawberries sliced
1/4 pecans roughly chopped
sprinkle of feta or goat cheese (optional but delish)
grilled chicken
honey cilantro lime vinaigrette
Servings: 2
Calories per serving: 140 this is just the salad without the dressing

Honey Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette:
1/2-3/4 bunch of cilantro
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 TBS white vinegar
1-2 TBS of fresh lime juice
3-4 bulbs garlic (peeled of course)
1/4 cup of honey
salt to taste
Blend it up, admire the green color and adjust the tastes as desired. You know, a lil more lime, a lil more garlic, it's up to you really. This dressing is OUT OF CONTROL! 
Servings: 12
Calories per serving: 108 for roughly 2 TBS of dressing.

Holy Shiz My Pants Watermelon Tomato Salad:
Sliced ripe watermelon
sliced ripe super sweet tomatoes (if you're not growing your own maybe splurge at a farmers market or on some good heirloom ones from the store)
honey cilantro lime vinaigrette drizzled
I don't know the calories for this either. But you can easily add in the tomato and watermelon by using a search and you know the dressing calories.

I about just died when I ate this for dinner tonight. I was making all sorts of sounds. I think my husband might have gotten jealous. ;)

I hope some of these recipes make some of you happy. If you have any questions, shoot.



4 comments:

Heather B said...

Thanks for sharing these! Cant wait to try them. I never would have paired watermelon and tomatoes!!

Sierra Prina said...

Yum! I think I'll try that last recipe because I'm in the mood to shiz my pants! ;) For reals though, that sounds awesome. Also, you look great in the pictures below! Keep up the good work:)

Christina said...

Just looked at all your posts. This is the one that caught my eye, of course. Your grilled chicken, and strawberry salad, and your watermelon salad are all amazing.

Anonymous said...

very good!