1.11.09

the halloween post

I'm sure everyone is going to do a Halloween post but you know what? I'm excited to see them! I can't wait to see the festivities and the costumes and the sugar loaded kids. Speaking of sugar, Jack has been living on milk and candy for the last three days. It was fun to see him hit the jack pot and fill up his whole pumpkin with candy but I'm not sure I can handle a cracked out kid much longer!

Jack is very attached to his loot. He has been taking 3-4 pieces of candy to bed with him every night since Thursday. And as much as I hate the candy, it's been great leverage. Our house is full with the sounds of phrases like, "take 3 more bites and then you can have a piece of candy." Or, "I'm gonna put you in time out and take your candy." Poor little fella was moaning in the corner during time out today and saying, "My candy, my candy Mommy. Please may I have my candy?!" (Yes he says "please may I have" like a well mannered little boy. Not making that up. However, that is about where his manners end.)Michael has officially decided that Halloween is his favorite holiday. He says that seeing Jack obsess over his candy like this illicits all sorts of child hood memories. Apparently being a candy-holic is genetic. :)

The jackpot after two trunk-or-treats and an old fashioned neighborhood trick or treat.


The dinosaur surveying his prey.


My Chiquita banana baby.


I love her face in this one. Maybe he tooted or something?


Right after I finished making her head dress I had to try it on her. I seriously could not stop giggling I was so giddy. She thought I was crazy.

15 comments:

LeRae said...

Oh my! Kat your kids are adorable!!!

The Ensign's said...

I LOVE her costume. Too cute! Isn't it terrible how we bribe our kids with treats. Whatever works right?

Jene and Megan said...

Love your kids costumes! Too cute!

Miguelybeli said...

She is so stinkin'cute!!!! Great job on the costume. Man they go a lot of candy. Did Jack have fun?

Heather B said...

Violet looks do cute! Jack does have a ton of candy...great leverage for sure. Nice!

Camille said...

I cannot stop laughing at that picture of Violet scrunching up her face by Jack. Maybe he did make a stinkie? Hilarious!

Jeanette & Jason said...

I don't even know how you thought of the Chiquita lady but I love it!!

Lucy is in the same boat with the candy. We have hers hidden and let her have like one piece a day. The night of Halloween and the trunk or treat she was cracked out and screaming "pumpmkin" with outstretched arms. We can't go through that one more time! People around here are stingy though, we went all around the neighborhood and barely got anything, they only gave out one little piece of candy. Jokers!!

Maureen said...

Love it! Does Michael remember us trying rollerblading to go faster and get more candy? (Except it didn't work so well crossing the grass.) Or how about trick-or-treating until mid-night? We gave the neighbors plenty of reasons to think we're crazy! ; )

Salime said...

ok, Violet's costume is just the best. where did you get it? it is sooooo awesome.

how did Jack do with the candy? wow, Jimmy was going nuts... he could not stand such happiness.

Melissa S. said...

I LOOOOOOOOOVE the Chiquita head thingy!!!! So stinkin' cute on her....and she has no clue! I love it!

Jill said...

Chiquita banana baby? Love it. You are genious. And quite the crafter. I'm impressed.

{lindy baker cakes} said...

How cute and funny! I love her face in the one with Jack too.

Amy said...

That face is hilarious! I could not stop laughing! and oh my that head dress! So clever! Jack is getting huge! I love the mouth open drooling face he has as he goes through his candy!

The Sandy Bottom Crew said...

chikita girl is so stinkin cute! And jack is a very darling dinosaur too:)

Olga Bogach said...

I just had to say that I LOVE the picture of two of them in their costumes! Her face is so funny! You have gorgeous kids Kat!